Usually when people talk about Las Vegas, they mention the can’t-miss shows, the gaming, the food and drinks, etc. But there are a LOT of fun family friendly activities in Las Vegas you can do as well: even if you didn’t bring the kids with you! My BFF and I just spent a few days in Vegas and I scoped out 7 unique activities that are family friendly and … FREE! 🙂
- The Fountains of Bellagio: You’ve likely heard of the Bellagio Fountain, but it definitely makes our list as it is fabulous to see! It’s best at night as the lights are fabulous with the water jets. The Fountain is set to a theme; while we were there it was “The Pink Panther” and was absolutely perfect! After 8 pm, the Fountain show starts every 15 minutes so be patient and grab a great spot in the middle to see the whole thing! It’s worth dealing with the night-time crowds to see this.
- Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Garden: While we’re already at the Bellagio, I want to share this fascinating gem that we discovered on this recent trip. The Bellagio features an atrium off the lobby that contains seasonal displays of flowers, including some awesome figurines. They are currently wrapping up their Spring presentation, Japanese Spring, and will be unveiling their Summer presentation at the end of the month. With placards sharing information about the flowers and structures, this is an exciting and educational display sure to be enjoyed by all.
- The Volcano at the Mirage: I’ve always wanted to see the volcano and even though we weren’t able to this year, I’m adding it to this list as it is supposed to be super awesome! The volcano erupts twice during the weekdays and three times Friday – Sunday. Would be worth planning around to be sure to see!
- M&Ms 3D Movie: If you have the kids with you, you’ll want to stop at the M&M store, located in Showcase Mall across from the Park outside of New York, New York. On the third floor, they offer a free 3D Movie which runs every 20 minutes during the day. I’ve seen the lines forming and they can be long so be sure to allow plenty of time!
- M&Ms Race Car: While at the M&M store, be sure to pop up to the fourth floor for a photo shoot with the NASCAR #18 race car! It’s a great opportunity to get up close and personal with a NASCAR vehicle and feel like a star!
- St. Mark’s Square at the Venetian: This is one of our favorite family friendly activities in Las Vegas. Nestled in the middle of the Canal Shoppes, St. Mark’s Square gives you a great view of the gondolas floating down the canal and you’ll likely see a Living Statue on the platform. At the top of the hour in the afternoons, the Carnevale di Venezia performs and the operatic songs and acrobatics are fun to see! Grab some gelato and enjoy the show!
- Flamingo Habitat at the Flamingo: This is another of our discoveries this trip and we’ll definitely be back. Tucked away between the tall wings of the casino are ponds, waterfalls, and deep greenery making a perfect desert oasis. Flamingos, koi, pelicans, and turtles call this place home and the little paths throughout the habitat make for an enjoyable exploration. Bring your camera and be prepared for some photogenic animals!
This is just scratching the surface of Things To Do, but free is always good! What free family friendly activities in Las Vegas have you discovered?