It’s hard to believe that Valentine’s Day is right around the corner.
I remember growing up, we’d pull out the construction paper, glue, stickers, glitter — all those paper craft supplies and make Valentine’s Day cards for our friends, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and anyone else we could think of!
To make the cards even more special, and to remember the One who loves us more than any human can imagine, we’d put an appropriate Bible verse inside the card.
This small collection of verses speaks of the love God has for us and that we should have for one another: regardless of gender, race, religion, or what have you. Let your kids pick their favorites and add them to Valentine’s Day cards this year! You may be a blessing to someone.
These verses are from the New King James Version:
- I John 4:10 — God loved us and sent His Son
- I Corinthians 13:13 — And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love
- I John 4:8 — God is love
- John 15:17 — Love one another
- I Corinthians 16:14 — Let all that you do be done with love
- I John 4:7 — Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God
- I John 3:18 — Let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth
- I Corinthians 13:8 — Love never fails
- Proverbs 17:17 — A friend loves at all times
- Proverbs 18:24 — There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother
- John 15:13 — Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends
These verses are from the English Standard Version:
- I Corinthians 13:4 — Love is patient and kind
- I Corinthians 13:5 — Love does not insist on its own way
- I Corinthians 13:7 — Love bears all things
Want more Valentine’s Day printables? Check out my Pinterest board below!
May this Valentine’s Day be extra special as we focus on what love really means!